From the early 80’s Caritas India adopted animation and empowerment of people as the main thrust. During its Silver Jubilee Celebration in 1987, animation was the mandate given to Caritas India. Golden jubilee reflections have identified our focus and thrust to be on the inclusive, equitable and integrated development of the excluded communities. We realized that for this focus and thrust, development personnel require analytical mind to make an analysis of societal forces. Thus, from the year 1986, Development Dynamics Course (DDC) is conducted every year. After a series of evaluation and critical reflections, the course content was reviewed and at present the program is for 26 days. This programme imparts in-depth field-based training. This training is well attended in the last 31 years. By now through DDCs, we have trained more than 2300 development professionals across India and abroad. There is a growing demand for this programme.
Duration: 16th July to 9th August 2018
Arrival: 15th July 2018
Departure: 10th August 2018
Venue: Ishopanthi Ashram, Puri, Orissa
- Participants imbibe the spirit of Catholic Social Teaching and are equipped to put this into practice in their social apostolate.
- The skills of Micro Social Analysis and Macro Economic Analysis developed with practical experience.
- Participants are equipped with capacities to initiate, sustain and promote empowerment of the poor and oppressed.
- Emerging concept of Development and various approaches are understood by the participants.
- The strategies for Community mobilization understood.
- Awareness building skills are acquired.
- The value base for social transformation clarified.
- Sensitivity developed for Women & Development.
- The concepts related to Disaster Management, Integrated Natural Resource Management, Rights based Approaches to Development, Peace and conflict resolution and Project Cycle Management clarified.
- Skills to Manage Development Organizations acquired.
- Diocesan Directors of Social Works in India and abroad.
- Personnel of Religious Congregations engaged in Social Work,
- Senior Staff from Social Work Organizations from India and abroad
- New staff of Caritas India.
Criteria for Selection of Participants:
- A minimum of five years experience in social field except for the newly appointed DDSWs/ Staff of Social Service Organisations
- A person who is sure to continue the work after training.
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking and comprehension).
- Catholic Social Teaching and spirituality of development.
- Social Analysis Micro and Macro
- Concept of Development and approaches focusing on Rights Based Approaches to Development
- Animation and Community Organization.
- Policies: Social Development Policy, Social Inclusion Policy and Local Resource Mobilization Policy
- Integrated Natural Resource Management & Climate Change.
- Community Managed Disaster Risk Reduction
- Project Cycle Management: Results Based Management: Situational analysis, Proposal Development, Implementation& Monitoring, Evaluation and Documentation.
- Management of Development Organizations (Legal compliance, Finance Management and Human Resource Management)
- Peace Building and Conflict Resolution
- Input Sessions with Power-Point Presentations
- Experiential learning
- Sharing of experiences and Field Exposures
- Structured Exercises and Case Studies
- Panel Discussion and Workshop
Rules to be adhered to:
- During training, the participants will not be allowed to leave the course and absent themselves for any period.
- Strict adherence to the timetable developed by the group
- Active participation in all the assigned activities during the course.
Accommodation: Twin sharing.
Course Fee: Total cost per person comes about Rs. 30,000. Of this, 50% is subsidized by Caritas India. Fee to be paid by the Candidate (twin sharing basis): Rs. 15,000
How to apply:
Download and fill the application form attached below and send it through email to email@example.com as soon as possible. Once you have the confirmation of selection from our side, post the application along with the DD Favoring Caritas India, payable New Delhi to:
Ms. Meena Minj,
Manager, Human Resources,
CBCI Center, 1 Ashok Place
Near Gole Dak Khana, New Delhi -110001
Fax: 91-11-2371 5146 / 2336 7488
You could also transfer the course fee through bank transfer, for which, we shall give the bank details on request
Last date for the receipt of applications: May 20, 2018